Sustainable innovation is an important strategic driver for us, and it permeates every process along the value chain.
We are aware of the role we can play in taking care of a more eco-sustainable future for our millions of loyal customers and for all of the people who work with us.
We want to create beautiful, accessible clothing that can have a positive impact on the world and those who live in it.
We know that we have a long journey in front of us and we are committed to getting better every step of the way.
Every day, we ask ourselves what the right thing is to do, and we rethink our strategies so that we can design fashions where looking good is also about being good.
Our #wecare programme provides a strategic, systemic dimension to our social and environmental commitment, introducing a new business model that is all about measuring impact. Our commitment starts with a campaign to raise awareness among our internal resources, with a training programme extended to all employees; we will also be involving our organisational processes and production decisions.
The programme will involve all company positions; it is based on a scientific framework developed over years of research by The Natural Step and is part of the B Impact Assessment Paradigm.
B Impact Assessment
Developed by non-profit B Lab, this metric is part of the integration of global and independent standards to assess social and environmental performance. It helps companies to measure their absolute impact and to compare this with a reference benchmark. Impact is assessed for 4 different areas:
and on assessment of the company’s business model.
Since 2016, we have been using the B Impact Assessment to integrate our analysis and assessment models and to gain an overall view of the impact generated by the organisation and any initiatives underway. This tool also allows us to identify priority areas for improvement and the future aims of the #wecare plan.
In pursuing our objectives we are guided by rigorous environmental and social policies.
The documents are available here:
A plan structured over levels of interdependent evolution, which develop in successive waves and are able to gradually increase our sustainability profile using a systemic approach.
OVS wants to become the Italian reference brand for sustainability by creating more sustainable fashion for all consumers.
This vision of OVS is supported by a commitment to transparency that gives visibility and consequently traceability to every activity carried out, making customers ever more aware of the production details of the products they buy from us.
AREAS OF COMMITMENT
In each business area we analyse our performance and challenge ourselves with concrete objectives.
Products and supply chain
We want to create products that have a positive impact on the world and the people who inhabit it, minimising the consumption of natural resources and taking care of the people who work in the supply chain and the environment in which they live.
- more than 90% of the range made with materials from a certified low-impact chain
- 100% of our denim will be made using processes with reduced water consumption (c. b. Waterless) and without the dispersion of dangerous chemical substances
- 100% of the production volume from suppliers involved in improvement programmes through HIGG
- Elimination of virgin plastic in our packaging
We want to promote an inclusive work environment that is capable of enhancing the diversity of each person and make them ambassadors of the OVS sustainability philosophy.
- Adoption of policies aimed to the elimination of the Gender Pay Gap in the period 2021 / 2023/li>
- Attainment of the SA8000 certification
- Adoption of tools for the systematic measurement of the engagement / satisfaction of collaborators
- Continuous training plan on Code of Ethics, Human Rights and Diversity
- Completion of organisational and training programmes to enable Smart-Working in our office
Stores and offices
We want to make the stores and every physical meeting place, an element that enhances OVS’s commitment even through the management and construction choices aimed at minimising the impact of the business.
- Plan to reduce CO2 emissions by at least 30% (compared with 2018) by 2030
- Plan to reduce water consumption and waste production
- 100% of stores rated with a sustainability index by the end of 2021
- ISO 14001 certification
We want to use a transparent and inclusive approach to accompany our customers in the development of a sustainability culture.
- Constant increase in the level of transparency on the supply chain
- 100% of products traced with the EcoValue index by the end of 2021
- Programme to involve affiliated clients in the sustainability strategy
Head of Sustainability OVS SpA
+39 041 2397500
With this inaugural sustainability report, OVS begins an important journey of sharing.
Shops are our window onto a better world, built on respect for the environment and care for the people around us.